All children are entitled to a positive experience and we believe “School is Cool”! By providing children with the essentials needed for school we hope to increase self-esteem and create a positive attitude towards returning each year.
We partner with both the English Public and the Separate School Boards, serving students from junior kindergarten to grade 8, in North Bay and surrounding areas.
Since 2004 we have built strong partnerships with area schools, by sponsoring children in need of assistance. We work with the schools to identify the children that they feel would benefit from our program.
Confidentiality of the families participating in our program is a priority.
We provide each child with a personal backpack filled with similar content but customized to meet their individual sizes, favourite color and characters. The backpacks are then delivered to the children the week prior to the start of a new school year.
It is important to us to
• respect and ensure the confidentiality of all the children and their families
• focus helping the children and not why their need exists
• provide quality goods
• spend as little money as possible on administration
• ensure that the school teachers and Principals identify children based on their observations
• recruit volunteers for various tasks
This is accomplished by
• the generous support of our community through donations from corporate, individuals and service organizations
• maintaining our Registered Charity Status
• partnering with schools to identify children from J.K. to Grade 8
• shopping and filling customized backpacks
• delivering backpacks to children before school starts
• utilizing volunteers for various tasks